flip·pancy BrE [ˈflɪpənsi] ; NAmE [ˈflɪpənsi] noun uncountable
• His flippancy conceals a deep insecurity.
Main entry: flippantderived
- her mood changed and she was all lightness and joy
1. talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions
- The guys always try to chat up the new secretaries
- My husband never flirts with other women
(for: chat up)
- Sam wants to flirt with Sue
2. behave carelessly or indifferently
- Play about with a young girl's affection
Syn: dally, toy, play
Webster's 1913 Dictionary:
|n.||1.||The state or quality of being flippant.|
This flippancy of language.
Find a translation for definition "Flippancy" in other languages:Want to translation into your language always showing? Log in and set your language in your profile Please, keep in mind it's machine translation (MT), and not a perfect translation. Just help you to understand the meaning.