rain·fall [rainfall rainfalls] BrE [ˈreɪnfɔːl] NAmE [ˈreɪnfɔːl] noun uncountable, singular
the total amount of rain that falls in a particular area in a particular amount of time; an occasion when rain falls
• There has been below average rainfall this month.
• an average annual rainfall of 10 cm
• The area has a high annual rainfall.
• There have been heavy rainfalls this month.
• We need a good rainfall to save the crops.
• We have an average annual rainfall of around 750 mm.
water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere
Webster's 1913 Dictionary:
|n.||1.||A fall or descent of rain; the water, or amount of water, that falls in rain; as, the average annual rainfall of a region.|
Supplied by the rainfall of the outer ranges of Sinchul and Singaleleh.
Find a translation for definition "Rainfall" in other languages:Want to translation into your language always showing? Log in and set your language in your profile Please, keep in mind it's machine translation (MT), and not a perfect translation. Just help you to understand the meaning.