Halloween là một lễ hội được tổ chức vào ngày 31 tháng 10 trên cả thế giới. Ngày Halloween dành để tưởng nhớ những người đã chết.
Ở nhiều nơi trên thế giới, các hoạt động tôn giáo của Cơ đốc giáo trong đêm Halloween, bao gồm tham dự các buổi lễ nhà thờ và thắp nến trên mộ của người chết, vẫn còn phổ biến, mặc dù ở những nơi khác, nó mang tính thương mại hơn.
Các hoạt động trong lễ hội Halloween bao gồm hóa trang, tham dự các bữa tiệc hóa trang Halloween, khắc bí ngô thành thành đèn lồng, đốt lửa, trò chơi bói toán, tham quan các điểm tham quan bị ma ám, kể những câu chuyện rùng rợn, cũng như xem phim kinh dị.
- Tìm hiểu về Halloween Animals – Các sinh vật Halloween
Từ vựng chủ đề Halloween
ghost (n): ma
The everlasting spirit of something deceased
→ My ghost story planted this idea.
goblin (n): yêu tinh
A supernatural spirit that usually carries on with bad intent
→ The goblins play as dirty as him.
haunted (adj): có ma
Having a ghost in the house that causes weird things to happen
→ We’re not in a haunted house.
mask (n): mặt nạ
A covering or disguise, often intended to hide the face
→ Or is it that they become who they are when they put on the mask?
monster (n): quái vật
A supernatural being described as being large or grotesque
→ At the end of each day, they enter the Arena, a dungeon in which they can battle monsters to gain experience points and strengthen their Servant.
mummy (n): xác ướp
A body that has been preserved by chemicals or room conditions to prevent decaying
→ Nearby there was a separate grave containing the mummy of an infant who had died at an age of around three months old.
potion (n): thuốc phép của phù thủy
A liquid concoction that has been prepared to deliver a physical or mental alteration
→ He knows that I am your assistant. I help you to prepare the magic potion.
pumpkin (n): trái bí đỏ, bí ngô
A round, orange, stemmed vegetable that grows above ground
→ The Andes contain 83 species of domesticated plants, 9 species of potato, a variety of corn, pumpkin, quinoa, amaranth, cañihua, tubers, roots, papayas etc.
bat (n): coi dơi
A flying mammal with webbed wings
→ They took the bats and left the gloves.
scary (adj): đáng sợ
An object or event that is frightening or causes terror
→ Everything outside of our world is scary to him.
spell (n): bùa chú
A magic curse used to get a desired effect
→ The game features many skills and spells to unleash upon enemies.
vampire (n): ma cà rồng
Mystical beings who survive by feeding off other living creatures life force
→ For instance, vampires are terrified of rabbits.
warlock (n): thầy phù thủy
A sorcerer who uses spiritual practices for both good and evil
→ A warlock naturally comes from two warlock parents, like Greg and Paul do.
witch (n): mụ phù thủy
A person, usually female, who uses supernatural and magical powers
→ I think you look more like a Disney witch myself.
zombie (n): thây ma, xác sống
A corpse that has been brought back to life by supernatural circumstances
→ Gotta admit all this talk about zombies kind of gives me the creeps.
carve (v): chạm, khắc
To cut with a knife to put a design into something
→ Every single figure is carved from wood and dresses in contemporary costume.
costume (n): trang phục
A set of clothes used to hide or enhance an appearance
→ He tells her if she truly turns evil, his costume will take her.
Các mẫu câu sử dụng từ vựng tiếng Anh theo chủ đề Halloween
- Happy Halloween
- Wish you lots of spooky surprises and frightful fun on ‘Halloween Day’
- I wish you have a happy Halloween filled with loads of great adventures! May the spirits and witches grant you all your wishes.
- I wish you have a spooky time on Halloween. But don’t get too scared though.
- May your jack-o-lantern burn bright all through the night! Happy Halloween…hope it’s the best one yet!
- I hope you have an un-boo-lievably fun Halloween! Eat lots of candy and have a great time! May you only receive treats and no black cats cross your path this Halloween. Have so much fun!
Một số ví dụ:
- Who throw a Halloween gala where no one dresses up?
- This one looks like a busted piece of Halloween pottery.
- It might pick up the Halloween season.
- Around Halloween, you also see a lot more costume stores cropping up.
- There are also a couple of stories to follow along with and even a quiz to take that helps children learn about Halloween.
- Costume stores around Halloween are super organized and designed to meet all of your needs.
- These stores are great and are often overlooked during the hustle and bustle of Halloween.Depending on your costume, face makeup ideas for Halloween may be simplistic or intensive.
- Face painting is a useful skill that can be used on endless occasions, including Halloween.
- Black cat face painting is a classic and simplistic face design that can be worn on many occasions, including Halloween festivities.